Terms & Conditions (updated August 2020)
By using the kayleysantiago.com website you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions of service (“TOS”):
The author – Kayley Santiago – reserves the right to update and change the TOS from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the TOS. Continued use of the service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time on this page.
Violation of any of the terms below, will result in the termination of your account or a termination of services provided (including access to forums and blogs).
While the author prohibits such conduct and content as below on the service, you understand and agree that she cannot be responsible for the content posted on the service by other students and teachers and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the service at your own risk.
Account Terms – WordPress (blog account), WooCommerce Memberships and CourseCraft accounts
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide a valid email address and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The author cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that may jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not create an account for anyone but yourself or provide any false information.
Payment, Refunds – CourseCraft
- A valid, verified PayPal account or Stripe account is required to receive payment for CourseCraft enrollments.
- CourseCraft transaction fees are non-refundable.
- CourseCraft subscription fees are non-refundable. When changing between plans, a prorated amount will be applied to your account as applicable.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- You are responsible for all applicable Taxes that arise from or as a result of your subscription to or purchase of CourseCraft’s products and services. These Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the billing address you provide to us. Such amounts are in addition to fees for such products and services and will be billed to the credit card you use to pay for the products and services. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
- If the billing address you provide to us is in Canada, or you are physically present in Canada when CourseCraft’s products and services are made available to you, you are subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) in respect of your subscription to or purchase of CourseCraft’s products and services.
- If the billing address you provide to us is not in Canada, you certify that: (i) you are not a resident of Canada; (ii) you are not GST/HST registered; and (iii) to the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, you are not physically present in Canada when CourseCraft’s products and services were made available to you. If this is not the case, you must notify us that you are subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) in respect of your subscription to or purchase of CourseCraft’s products and services.
Circumvention of Fees
- You must not attempt to circumvent any CourseCraft or WooCommerce membship/subscription fees – for example, by sharing accounts.
Cancellation and Termination
- You may close your account at any time by contacting us or the relevant third-party provider. An email confirmation is required for security reasons.
- All of your content will be deleted from the service within a reasonable time-frame upon cancellation. This information can not be recovered once your account is canceled.
- The author has the right to suspend or terminate your access to the website and refuse any and all current or future use of the service, for any reason at any time. The author reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- The author reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Fees for all services, including but not limited to course enrollment fees, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the website or the service itself.
- The author shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
Copyright and Content Ownership – Blog Posts
- All content posted on the Kayley Santiago Blog must comply with US copyright law and local copyright laws where you are conducting business. Plagiarism is not tolerated – quotations and excerpts must be credited to the original author. Image credits must be included, unless they are sourced from a service where citation is not compulsory, such as Pixabay.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you post and store on the blog. Your profile and materials posted remain yours.
- The look and feel of the service is Copyright©2021 Kayley Santiago – All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from the author and other associates (where applicable).
- Do not include content in your blog posts that you do not have permission to use.
- Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Limited technical support is available via email. WordPress, CourseCraft and WooCommerce have separate technical support services. You are encouraged to approach these third parties in the first instance.
- You understand that the author uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the service or author.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, distribute or exploit any portion of the website services and products (this includes all products available through the WooCommerce section of the website), without the express written permission of the author. You agree not to duplicate, copy, photocopy, distribute through electronic or other means, any part of the Rebuilding Arcadia book series, without the express written permission of the author.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any student, employee, or teacher will result in immediate account termination.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- The author does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that the author shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the author has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of the author to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and the author and govern your use of the service, superceding any prior agreements between you and the author (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the TOS).